The details of admission in Ph.D. programme, Academic (Summer) Session (2020-2021) and available seats.
Details of Schools and subjects available for Ph. D. programmes:
|1. School of Basic Science & Technology: Ph.D. : Chemistry
|2. School of Life Science & Technology: Ph.D. : Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology
|3. College of Pharmacy:
Ph.D. : Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
|4. College of Commerce & Management:
Ph.D. : Commerce and Management (HR & Marketing)
|5. School of Education:
Ph.D. : Education
|6. College of Law:
Ph.D. : Law
The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test and interview/viva-voce. However, the above mentioned categories of the applicants shall be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Teacher Fellow (Under UGC Scheme)
- NET/SLET/GATE qualified candidates
- Eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. programmes:
- Master's degree or a professional degree in the concerned subject or in a cognate or an allied/interdisciplinary subject, declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Admission Process: The candidates for Ph.D. programmes will be admitted by two stage process through written test and interview/viva-voce.